The Sarawakian




This is where the many different tribes come together for a cultural show. And it is here that one can see the different costumes of all them, and to further understand the many races living in harmonious Sarawak.

I've been informed that there are close to 40 different tribes/ races in Sarawak. Maybe being a lil ignorant... for I didn't know that the major race in Sarawak is actually the Ibans, followed by the Chinese.

So coming to this village sure was good, as I now understand the multi racial aspects of East Malaysia, especially Sarawak better.

No wonder, there is the saying that East Malaysia is so multi racial - way more than what we experience in West Malaysia! I agree on this.
And I also think that this leads to the good thing about Sarawak - where everyone seems to bond so much better & are so friendly - be it from Kuching city or the outskirts... relating very closely to the tagline we have - 'the Malaysian warmth & Malaysian smile'... I personally think it's all here in Kuching - from my experience, at least! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment